Knife Standards LLC products are covered under warranty as set out below: You, the customer, agrees to the below terms and conditions and agree to read these terms and conditions before using the product. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these warranty terms at any time. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes or updates. Before contacting Knife Standards LLC for any warranty questions, please read the below information:
We stand behind all the knives, tools, and other products we sell. We want our supporters to feel confident in their purchase, and know that we will make it right if there is an issue with any product. We guarantee all of our products against defects for the original owner. All Knife Standards LLC products are guaranteed against any manufacturing defects in materials and construction. This determination will be assessed on a case by case basis and will be at Knife Standards LLC's discretion. Any exceptions will be at the discretion of Knife Standards LLC.
Any product that we determine to be defective will be repaired or replaced at our discretion. This guarantee becomes void if the tool has been abused beyond normal application, or has been used for tasks beyond its intended function. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, rust, lack of maintenance, damage due to improper use, or structural modification.
What is not eligible for a warranty claim or replacement:
Knife Standards LLC's warranty does not cover normal wear-and-tear, incorrect usage, neglect, abuse, or modifications. Additionally, our warranty does not cover the following:
- Loose screw(s). All hardware, including pivot, clip, or body that has loosened overtime is considered normal wear-and-tear. For maintaining your tool a high quality T8 driver is required
- Cosmetic damage. Any scratch, finish trails, or coating that will naturally wear is not considered a defect.
- Custom parts or modifications including any third party damage. Non-stock clips and thumb studs that are installed on a knife and have resulted in damage. Any use of aftermarket parts or components. Please note that modifications by Knife Standards LLC before purchase do not effect the warranty coverage
- Service damage. Any damage arising from repairs, modifications, upgrades, or any handling that is by someone other than a valid and approved representative from Knife Standards LLC.
- Disassembly damage. Any functional failure, damage to screws, or cross threaded part due to disassembly including, but not limited to, lock bar removal or lock bar insert removal, is not covered. We are not responsible for how it goes back together again once disassembled. This includes removal of one single part or a complete disassembly.
- Damage caused by excessive use. This is referring to any aggressive action such as slamming blade open or closed, rapid opening, swatting blade open with excessive force. Our knives are designed to be opened and then used as a cutting tool.
- Manually pushing the lock bar. The lock bar will land naturally on the tang when opening the blade. Pushing or squeezing the lock bar further intentionally into the tang/blade may cause damage and will void the warranty.
- Blade or clip damage. Tip breakage, chips, bends, or scratches are not covered under warranty. We do not recommend any prying with the knife blade. Normal wear-and-tear is not covered including clip damage from snagging or contacting any stationary object such as a steering wheel, seat belt, or chair, for example.
- Debris. Any build up of material that alters the function of the knife such as dust, sand, lint, string, gunk, sticky substances, or any foreign material in general.
- Upgraded models. We are continuously upgrading or creating new versions of our products. However, we do not offer trade-ins or exchanges under any circumstance.
- Defects from sharpening the blade, accidental misuse, dropping of the knife, or any other occasions that do not constitute a normal use of our knife.
- Loss or theft caused from improper handling or third-party services.
All of our products are thoroughly and meticulously inspected and must pass a detailed quality control process, before being packaged and shipped.
In order to submit a warranty claim please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer must ship the entire knife and all relevant parts, in a secure package, to Knife Standards LLC with a signature required to ensure proper delivery. This package must be insured with tracking information/tracking number. All costs associated with shipping and delivery of our products are the responsibility of the customer unless otherwise noted.
RELEASE, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT:
By purchasing or receiving any item produced by Knife Standards LLC, the owner assumes the responsibility to research and comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws related to the possession, ownership, carry, shipment, transport, and use of any Knife Standards LLC product. The owner expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Knife Standards LLC for all claims resulting directly or indirectly from the purchase, possession, ownership, transportation or use of the item in violation of applicable federal, state and local laws or regulations. Knife Standards LLC is not liable for the misuse of any Knife Standards LLC knife or product purchased either directly from Knife Standards LLC or from a reseller. You must be eighteen (18) years of age to purchase Knife Standards LLC knives.